Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Car Love

I have always heard of people talking about the elusive "car love". The constant comments of "Oh I LOVE my car" and "I will be happy to drive!". But alas, I have never experienced true car love. I have been driving a 2000 Daewoo for the past 8 years. Are you finished laughing? It was one of those "necessary cars". The ones you buy because you are broke and have to have transportation. I must admit, the Woo had been good to me. Even after I poured 4 quarts of oil into her when the oil light came on it still ran for another 3 years. Hey, Chris always said if the oil light came on I better put oil into it or he will kill me. He never told me how much, a needed piece of information considering who is writing this right now. Anyhoo, I now believe I understand the concept of "car love". I confess, I hate to drive. I won't go get necessities because I have to drive a whole 10 miles to get them. We can live without toilet paper until I have to leave to go to work right? But now, I actually love to drive. I leave early and take the long way just so I can prolong that feeling of zipping through traffic with Rob Zombie blasting from my ipod. I am sure the novelty will wear off eventually and I will revert to my usual whining about not wanting to drive. But it won't be for a long time. This is the last time I will talk about my new car, I promise. I just love the goddam thing so much.

No comments: