Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Gauge Problem Solved!

And I am a dumbass. I learned to crochet when I was little from my Grandmother. I have been happily stitching away thinking I knew what I was doing. Guess what, I didn't. I have been doing it wrong this whole fucking time. I was at Whore's house last night so Chris could hang with TPM and yak away about guitars and music and their 15 seconds of fame. I was leafing through a new crochet magazine and stopped on a pattern Whore wanted to show me for a plaid skirt. I was reading the pattern and said "hey, the stitch in here is labeled wrong. They call it an extended single crochet but it is just a double." She pulled out a hook and went through the motions as I read them to her. She looked at me like I had bugs on my face. "That is why your gauge is so small!" She screamed at me. "You are doing it wrong!" So I sat there with this dumb look on my face while she showed me the correct way to double, half-double and treble, cursing my Grandmother for teaching me such nonsense. I am frogging my Prepster today, and starting over, bah!

No comments: